HAKAN AKBAS AIRED LIVE ON THE NEWS PROGRAM ON TVNET
Erdogan-Obama summit, Syria operation, Turkey's economy
Hakan Akbas joined live TVNet to discuss the US-Turkey relationship in the wake of G20 Leaders Summit in China. Please visit our youtube channel for the footage of the program.
Mr. Akbas key messages included:
- US-Turkey relationships are strong but going through challengin times.
- US-Turkey set up joint comission participated by Ministers of State and Justice from both countries to help coordinate speedy extradition of FETO leader Gulen.
- Turkey has achived its long-waited safe zone objective in Northern Syria to secure borders against ISIS and PKK, prevent PYD/YPG to set up a defacto autonomous Kurdish state and guarantee a spot at the table to discuss and agree on post-Assad Syria.
- Even if there is a ceasefire in Syria agreed to between US and Russia, I do not realistically see it holding just like February.
- Turkey's operation in Syria will likely expand into Raqqa in partnership with more than 5000 US ground forces.